TEKTIC STEERING COMMITTEE
The TEKTIC Steering Committee has been designated to serve and support the TEKTIC team with their initiatives.
The goals of TEKTIC are to:
- Develop and assess the usability and effectiveness of new technologies within health practice,
- Assist with the incorporation of eHealth evidence into health policy innovation, and
- Coordinate with eHealth adoption and implementation across the health system.
The following are the activities to be undertaken by the TEKTIC Steering Committee:
- Facilitate meeting the research and development objectives of the centre as set by the TEKTIC group,
- Oversee the financial and administrative components of TEKTIC and TEKTIC projects,
- Coordinate calls for proposals (grant competitions), review applications and distribute TEKTIC funds,
- Facilitate collaboration among partners,
- Formalize and nurture partnerships with other provincial, national, and international health research and development centres on behalf of the TEKTIC body,
- Coordinate the development of scholar trainees,
- Provide guidance in the design of initiatives to respond to the needs of health professionals and consumers, as determined by evidence-based research, and
- Provide advice with respect to the latest developments and research in knowledge translation and technological tools for its facilitation, and
- Facilitate the distribution of information about new funding opportunities that relate to the TEKTIC themes.
Steering Committee Members
The TEKTIC Steering Committee is comprised of the Executive Director and five TEKTIC members. Members are selected by the Executive Director and must be approved by the group.
Kendall Ho, TEKTIC Executive Director